Japan Grade - Deep Frozen at -60C. The Prime Cut Par Excellence - Akami is the most commonly used cut of tuna and is cut from the loin. It is low fat, high protein and healthy. It is better for raw preparations such as tartare and nigiri.
1. Remove the product from the vacuum bag only when you are going to defrost and consume it
2. Wash it under the tap, using your fingers to remove any remains which have adhered to the surface
3. Dry the surface with absorbent paper
4. Immerse it completely in salt water (35-40 g / liter) at room temperature 5-7 minutes
5. Wash it under the tap to remove any traces of salt
6. Dry the surface with absorbent paper
7. Wrap it with clean absorbent paper and plastic wrap
8. If you are going to consume it immediately, leave it at room temperature away from heat sources for half an hour. If not, you can finish defrosting in the fridge for a few hours.